Poking Intellisense (VS 2003)

Started by
1 comment, last by PlayfulPuppy 16 years, 10 months ago
Hi all - I'm writing some rather template-heavy code in VC++ 2003. It's all compiling and working properly, but Intellisense is being far less helpful than usual. I keep getting the status report "IntelliSense: Expression to the left of . or -> has a type which could not be resolved" The thing is - I'm getting it in a place where I would imagine the code would be able to determine the type fairly easy (i.e. it's not in the implementation of the templated classes, it's in the file that uses them, right below actually declaring them). Do you guys know any tricks to getting the most out of Intellisense? I'm just using straight Visual Studio 2003. (No plugins). Thanks for any help!
Advertisement
I've never had Intellisense work as you might expect with templates. Possibly it's because a template isn't really a type until it is instantiated.

"what is it? who knows. There's no context"

That would be what Intellisense would tell you if it could speak.
my_life:          nop          jmp my_life
[ Keep track of your TDD cycle using "The Death Star" ] [ Verge Video Editor Support Forums ] [ Principles of Verg-o-nomics ] [ "t00t-orials" ]
I'd really suggest looking at Visual Assist by Whole Tomato software. The enhanced syntax coloring and the fact that it makes intellisense actually work are worth the price alone. :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement