• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
RyanZec

OpenGL noob question

This topic is 4158 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Where do I get the opengl SDK? I have searched on the opengl.org site and can't find a download.

Advertisement
if your using c++ the compiler probably already has the opengl header files

OpenGL 2.1, but unlike directx 99% of opengl code is interchangeable between versions so if your just learning it doesn't really matter what version your using

Well this is for a project, not just playing around so it would be nice to use the most common version, adn so all developers are using the same version too. is their a place I can download the latest version of OpenGL?

I also want it becuase it should also be a better version than the one I have which is most likely version 1.5, so there is no way for me to get the lastest version from some site?

you should have the gl.h glu.h already (it ships with VS anyway)

getting the latest functions and features use glew
http://glew.sourceforge.net/

What about www.opengl.org -> Coding Resources -> OpenGL SDK ?
(it leads straight here : http://www.opengl.org/sdk/)

Maybe I am missing the point. When OpenGL gets updated do I not have to update mu header files or any other header/source file on my computer to access the new version?

Ok let me try to make this a simpler question:

I want to use OpenGL 2.0 stuff. I have Visual Studio 2005 which has the OpenGL headers. Do I need anything else to start using OpenGL specific stuff?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!