Sign in to follow this  

Debuggin' Problems (memory issue?)

This topic is 3850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I don't know if I am placing this in the correct place, so I am sorry if it isn't. Also explaining the problem is a little hard for me - as I don't know the cause or much about the problem. When running the project, it crashes inside of ntdll.dll with only three calls on the stack, no variables to be looking at, and just the assembly of ntdll. A little more information; Running in without the debugger running, it doesn't crash until a different object is being deleted instead of created, and running with the debugger on causes the program to crash when the object is created with new. I know this explanation is vague, and I have seen the problem before in a different project, but I don't know how to fix it. My computer has plenty of memory at the call of new, and all pointers seem valid. I highly doubt posting the code would help. And I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks EDIT: Callstack- > ntdll.dll!7c901230() ntdll.dll!7c96c943() ntdll.dll!7c949eb9() Trying the multithreaded switch didn't help :( Okay, found the problem - which was an uninitailized variable causing havoc in one special case... Err stinks when the crash has nothing to do with what is causing it! Thanks though! [Edited by - blackbird04217 on June 5, 2007 7:11:05 PM]

It would help if you post the call stack.

EDIT: Check the project configuration also... make sure that you are linking with the correct runtime libs (Multi-threaded, Multi-threaded Debug, etc.)

This topic is 3850 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.