C++ Dialog problem!

Started by
11 comments, last by Endurion 16 years, 10 months ago
Ok! This is a biggy so bare with me! You may need this file: http://files-upload.com/271503/UpsetPC.zip.html In order to understand this problem, in fact you most definately will need it! Right, so I have a project, it currently has a GUI-RESOURCE.cpp file and a .rc file linked with this using Dialog Controls. This all worked fine - compile and run the gui-resources.cpp file and the program is fine. Now i decided to use an already developed chat application as part of my original UpsetPC project. So i simply included the resources and various source files and all now compiles fine with a bit of name changing etc *that was hell*. Now, the crooks of the problem are as follows: In gui-resources.cpp there is a handle for IDC_CHATCALL, which when clicked should * and i mean, i want it to * open the IDD_CLIENT form which is in the second .rc file which i have included in the project. This currently is not the case and does not work. I am a beginner with Dialog and there is code there, which i believe to be correct - but im probably missing something obvious. Could somebody please download that file, have a look inside the Example folder where all the source is , and give me another pair of eyes to help with this problem! Thanks very much in advance, Andy
Advertisement
A lot of people here will not download a random zip file off the internet. Use source tags (see FAQ) and post the code. It's not a lot of work but it will result in you getting more replies.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

hmm, there is an awful lot of code tho - there could be multiple areas needed, not sure where the issue is!
Can anyone give me a hand here?
anyone! Please this is vital! Im desperate now!
The download link didn't work.

Your best bet is to step through the code with the debugger and see where it goes wrong.
dam it must have gone out of date - i will reload it up in next 45 mins when i get home if you could check back thatd be great. Its not crashing though, its just not working thats the problem! It aint a huge problem, im just inexperianced in this field!

I would be very appreciated towards anyone who can help me when i get back and reload it!

I will keep you posted!

Andy
Here is the new upload latest build.

Thanks again guys - really needing a helping hand here xD

http://files-upload.com/294199/UpsetPC.zip.html
Its up, is it possible for ANY help shees!
Is the problem that people dont actually know how to help here?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement