[d10] 8800GTX supports below DXGI_FORMATs of rendertarget only:

Started by
3 comments, last by yk_cadcg 16 years, 10 months ago
att, only a simple loop tests out all formats that can be rendertarget: (Geforce8800GTX, driver 97.73, Vista, dx10) DXGI_FORMAT_R16G16B16A16_FLOAT = 10, DXGI_FORMAT_R10G10B10A2_UNORM = 24, DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM = 28, DXGI_FORMAT_R8G8B8A8_UNORM_SRGB = 29, DXGI_FORMAT_B8G8R8X8_UNORM = 88, the tricky thing is that no char type is supported, thus no direct basic-type staging is supported.
Advertisement
I've yet to touch D3D10, but um, aren't the last few types basically the same as D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, and D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8? 8 bits for each component, unsigned and normalized. So, one byte/char per component, just like D3D8 and 9.

What problem are you having? Are you wanting to render to a single char format like R8_UNORM? The docs seems to imply you should be able to render to anything that's not typeless or 96 bit, so that should work. If someone wants to sent me a PCI-Express machine and an 8800, I'll be more than happy to test this in more detail. ;)
Thank you, its just when I want to stage the render target and use map texture, hehe. No problems now, I've verified it by eyes.:)
You are sure that you don't confusing valid render target formats with back buffer formats? I am very sure that I have already created render targets with other formats, too.
I'm sure that I confused valid render target formats with back buffer formats. :( Since I have to show it on the screen, using swap chain.
Yes for a render2texture not shown to the screen, much more other formats are abled.

Quote:Original post by Demirug
You are sure that you don't confusing valid render target formats with back buffer formats? I am very sure that I have already created render targets with other formats, too.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement