Sign in to follow this  
Klegg

Secret of Time Screenshots - Videos - Downloads

Hello there! Information Secret of Time is a story-driven action/adventure game developed by thirteen students from the Swedish school Gamemaker. The original game was produced in approximately seven weeks plus one week of planning, so we were on a tight schedule. Screenshots Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lov8MzIwApM Platform For now, the game is only available for Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows Vista, but as we use Ogre as our graphics engine there should be no problems porting it to Linux and other OS:es. Downloads Installer for Microsoft Windows XP and Microsoft Windows Vista (145MB).

Quote:
Original post by soconne
Damn......that's amazing for only a 7 week period.......even for a year period that's really good!

Thanks! Feel free to give it a try.

Quote:
Original post by Jaywalk
That looks brilliant - I can't wait for the download to finish so I can try it out.

Don't hesitate to return with feedback! :P

Seven weeks... did you sleep? :)

Edit: Hooray! I didn't even notice there was a demo link. I'll give it a try today.

Quote:
Original post by JBourrie
Seven weeks... did you sleep? :)

Edit: Hooray! I didn't even notice there was a demo link. I'll give it a try today.

Almost no sleep ;)

Haha, cool, tell me how it goes!

Well I finally got around to playing, and all I have to say is "WOW". That was really an awesome game demo. Really impressive, especially for only taking 7 weeks of development.

I recommend others download it as well, it was really fun!

Do you have any plans for it for the future?

This looks really nice! I'm downloading the demo as I type. I was wondering what tools you used to recieve these results. In only 7 weeks this is incredible. Anyways nice screenshots and I wish you best of luck with your game.

*downloading now*

umm....let me think of the words.......hmm....HOLY CRAP.

if your team could do this in only 7 weeks i would LOVE to see what you could do with a full production time.

Quote:
Original post by GamerDude27
This looks really nice! I'm downloading the demo as I type. I was wondering what tools you used to recieve these results. In only 7 weeks this is incredible. Anyways nice screenshots and I wish you best of luck with your game.

I thought that this was done in a program called Gamemaker? I could be wrong on this one, but I never saw anything other than Gamemaker and Ogre (I'm guessing that the word Ogre means Ogre3D as in the graphics library) as anything that was to be used for tools. Did anyone else see those two words? Just out of curiosity.

Quote:
Original post by thechocobohunter
I thought that this was done in a program called Gamemaker?

Quote:
developed by thirteen students from the Swedish school Gamemaker.

It's the name of his school.

That's pretty impressive for a student project. Doubly so for one that is only 7 weeks in.

The opening cut scene is very good, the graphics and presentation are very professional, and the level is complete (plus boss!).

On the downside, there are alot of technical issues (mentioned in greater detail later), and the gameplay feels a bit thin right now. I don't know how long you have to work on this, but I think what you really need to focus on now is fleshing out the combat and enemies, tightening up the collision, making better use of the time-control aspects, and making the player/camera controls a bit less touchy.

On the technical side, it was a bit of work trying to get it to run. The only "near flawless" mode on my machine was DirectX without shaders. With shaders I couldn't see the walls, floor or character (yet I could still see most other objects and the characters staff). OpenGL with shaders crashed, and without shaders the lighting was funny. I saved the log files, along with a more thorough description of the problems I had. PM me your email address if you want me to send them to you.

Overall, good work and I'm hoping that you continue to work on this. It's a great start and by expanding the gameplay and polishing it, you could have one of the standout student projects of this year.

Quote:
Original post by jakem3s90
Well I finally got around to playing, and all I have to say is "WOW". That was really an awesome game demo. Really impressive, especially for only taking 7 weeks of development.

I recommend others download it as well, it was really fun!

Do you have any plans for it for the future?

Thanks! :D I'm glad you liked it.

Well, the game concept and story will be around for a while I hope, to build something more out of it. But this particular game demo is finished as such.

But you never now... ;)

Quote:
Original post by JBourrie
On the downside, there are alot of technical issues (mentioned in greater detail later), and the gameplay feels a bit thin right now. I don't know how long you have to work on this, but I think what you really need to focus on now is fleshing out the combat and enemies, tightening up the collision, making better use of the time-control aspects, and making the player/camera controls a bit less touchy.

First of all thank you for taking your time.

The project period is finished as it is. The concept, however, might come in handy later on.

But I agree fully on your criticism.

Quote:

On the technical side, it was a bit of work trying to get it to run. The only "near flawless" mode on my machine was DirectX without shaders. With shaders I couldn't see the walls, floor or character (yet I could still see most other objects and the characters staff). OpenGL with shaders crashed, and without shaders the lighting was funny. I saved the log files, along with a more thorough description of the problems I had. PM me your email address if you want me to send them to you.

We have tested it as far as we could, but when it is about shaders far is just not enough =).

I would be glad if you could share your information. Just e-mail me at jollan34[remove this part]@hotmail.com or PM me.

Quote:

Overall, good work and I'm hoping that you continue to work on this. It's a great start and by expanding the gameplay and polishing it, you could have one of the standout student projects of this year.

Very flattering! =) Why don't I just take the moment here and thank you for the time again, and thanks for Rumble Box ;). Great game!

Quote:
Original post by thechocobohunter
I thought that this was done in a program called Gamemaker? I could be wrong on this one, but I never saw anything other than Gamemaker and Ogre (I'm guessing that the word Ogre means Ogre3D as in the graphics library) as anything that was to be used for tools. Did anyone else see those two words? Just out of curiosity.

JBourrie was right, Gamemaker is the name of my school.
The game is developed in C++.

And about Ogre - yes, Ogre3D was the graphics engine we used.
But all the other parts were developed for the purpose of Secret of Time.

Quote:
Original post by Klegg
The project period is finished as it is.

This makes me kind of sad. Not because the game isn't good, but because it's the foundation of something much better. However you look at it, though, it's quite complete for a 7 week project. Good work :)

Quote:
I would be glad if you could share your information. Just e-mail me at...

Sent.

Quote:
Very flattering! =) Why don't I just take the moment here and thank you for the time again, and thanks for Rumble Box ;). Great game!

First off, I really enjoyed the game, especially the boss fight.

However, I did notice a funny little bug. After I beat the boss, I saw the credits, then started a new game to keep playing. I noticed that the number of hour glasses I had collected did not reset. I collected 4 the first time through, and when I returned the 1st I collected was number 5, second was 6 and so on.

Dont know if you have seen that (probably so), but I figured it couldnt hurt.

Great game, I hope there is more to play sometime!

Quote:
Original post by TriSwords
First off, I really enjoyed the game, especially the boss fight.

However, I did notice a funny little bug. After I beat the boss, I saw the credits, then started a new game to keep playing. I noticed that the number of hour glasses I had collected did not reset. I collected 4 the first time through, and when I returned the 1st I collected was number 5, second was 6 and so on.

Dont know if you have seen that (probably so), but I figured it couldnt hurt.

Great game, I hope there is more to play sometime!

I'm really glad you liked it!

It's good that you mention that bug. It has been mentioned earlier but weren't fixed, obviously.

Glad to hear that you want to play more Secret of Time ;) Hopefully, you will one day.

Sign in to follow this