2d lib with maps/zoom/scroll features

Started by
2 comments, last by streamer 16 years, 10 months ago
Hi, i need a c++ 2d lib having those feature. I dont know if there is such a lib on the market, i found one activeX very good but which didnt perform well when displaying secondary objets on a scene/map. here are the features i would need: -ability to define a "custom wnd" in a mfc wnd that will contain the dispay screen, no need to resize this control for now. -API1: LoadImage("filename" or hbmp) be able to load a .jpg into the wnd. size will be max 2500x2500, weight < 1 meg. -be able to grab the image and scroll it around. -smooth zoom capability -API2: DrawImage(hbmp, x,y): be able to draw foreground jpg/hbmp/icon (at least hbmp) on top of the scene, at a x,y location, without redrawing the whole scene (must be fast as i will be updating the position of those icons/hbmp/jpg regularly). Basically those icons are the player icons. BUT for dungeons i will as well call this api to build dynamically the dungeons. i will call it for the floor and one for each wall. for u this is transparent: i will just call DrawImage(textureId, x,y) for each walls and thats it u display the img, without redrawing entire scene. X,Y are absolute coordinate to the image at scale one (i dont need to know about scale, so i provide x,y which are absolute coordinate in the 2500x2500 scene (or another scene size) -API3: ClearImage(hbmp): to remove image from scene, (use when i move player : ClearImage(playerico), DrawImage(playerico, x,y) - support transparency, - API4: SetCenterOn(x,y). will center the view on player icon. x,y absolute. - DrawFixedImage("texture" or bmp, x,y), that will draw a picture at fixed wnd coordinate (for ex top left). This picture is never zoomed. Basically it will be the orientation arrows. So it stays in foreground, and it is independant from main scene. - EffectZone(x,y, width, heigh): this is some effect (some transparency probably) to apply to a defined rectangle (use to show the area the player is in) -ClearEnglightZone(). Clear the previous applied effect. - double_click() callback (x,y), x, y is the absolute position. - MouseMoved(x,y) call back, x, y is the absolute position, when mouse is moved. Do you know if such a lib exist (i mean with minimal development as i dont know anything about graphics programming)
Advertisement
You should look for a general game engine like HGE, Game Maker or JEngine SSE if you want to skip the programming and start making games. This would be more appropriate and will save you an enormous amount of work in the end (as you otherwise have to do sound, collision detection, etc).

Crafter 2D: the open source 2D game framework

?Github: https://github.com/crafter2d/crafter2d
Twitter: [twitter]crafter_2d[/twitter]

Hello,

i have already programmed my online game,
usually for gfx stuff i externalise as i dont have the experience.

the lib i request for has a small number of feature, i dont need collision etc, i just need a way of doing what i explained. loading a map, adding object on this map, zoom unzoom the map, scroll the map. very much like the gdpicture activex.

but optimized for adding removing object ,
Mappy have those features, except zoom if I remember well. Look at Mappy website.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement