• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

xna installation

This topic is 3916 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i recently made a topic called 'where to start?' that asked about different languages etc. i then realised i would like to use xna and C# ... but i've got a major problem with installing the thing and as it isn't related to my other topic that much thought i would start a new one asking for any assistance. i downloaded and tried to install xna(game studio express refresh 1.0) it told me that i needed to have Visual C# 2005 express edition SP1. so. i tried to install Visual C# 2005 express edition SP1(as i alredy had and have used Visual C# 2005 express edition ) and as soon as i open the installation it comes up with a message saying that it can't be upgraded as the file to be upgraded may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program (i did check it was c#) so, i suppose what i am asking is does anyone know why i'm having so much trouble and how to fix it? did anyone else have trouble when trying to install xna? i am using windows xp home edition and the c# 2005 express edition was pre-installed on my computer when i bought it, if that makes any difference. would greatly appreciate it if i could recieve any help from anyone who has any to offer :) xxx

Advertisement
Never heard of Express shipping with a machine before...

You might want to try uninstalling it and then installing a new copy from scratch.

i no it's a late reply but would just like to thank Ravuya.. after reinstalling a fresh version the patch worked fine and i can now begin work with xna, thank you very much xxx

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement