How do you create a stack for recording movements [In fighting game]

Started by
3 comments, last by Goishin 16 years, 10 months ago
As the subject is written. How do you create a stack for recording, reading, what actions has been used, as in what buttons has been pressed, etc... Record the button pressing? In an array? I'm wondering how to do this.
BanhMinds!
Advertisement
I think you might want to use a queue rather than a stack for this.

In C++, you can use the STL stack or queue class; they're in the <stack> and <queue> headers respectively.
Here's some pseudo-code describing the general form of an array based stack and queue.

// A stack using an arraydatatype stack[MAX];int index = 0;// Push:ASSERT(index < MAX-1);stack[index++] = temp;// Pop:ASSERT(index > 0);temp = stack[--index];// A queue using an arraydatatype queue[MAX];int head = 0; int tail = 0;//Put:ASSERT(tail < MAX-1);queue[tail++] = temp;//Get:ASSERT(head < MAX-1);temp = queue[head++];

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes." - the Laughing Man
Dude, use the STL. It's not perfect, but it's better than writing it from scratch. [rolleyes]
not only that, but an array-based approach limits the number of commands you can have. Think of the complex joystick movements that fire off characters' secret moves. You run the risk of overloading your array. I would go with the stl queue.

- Goishin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement