Sign in to follow this  
laeuchli

gDEBugger

Dear all, I'm working on a new project that involves large sections of code I didnt write. This code has a sample application that I'm trying to get familar with, and so I decided it'd be a good idea to run it with gDEBugger. However I'm having real problems getting my application to load with the debugger. It starts up, and then crashes with a second chance exception. Now I know there are bugs in the code(thats why I'm trying to debug it right?), but it starts and runs fine with the MS debugger. It also runs fine if I just go to the directory the program is in and double click on it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to start fixing this? The output from the debugger really isnt that helpful.(it just lists the second chance exception that I mentioned). Regards, Jesse

Really dumb question but I've seen it before. You know gDEBugger is for OpenGL debugging, has nothing to do with general debugging like the one that comes with Visual Studios?

Yes I'm aware its an opengl debugger. The application I'm trying to debug is an opengl application. I mentioned that it executes fine under the MSVC debugger to indicate that the program normally works fine, even when being debugged.