Sign in to follow this  

Brain Missing

This topic is 3841 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

You've got some quite interesting dialogs there! Looks like a very interesting game.

Well, it sounds to me like you should reduce the size of the installer. Not just because it's tough to get a >160mb host (for free), but that many people won't download something that large. I know that this is going to be a bummer for you since it either means more work reducing the size (if it's even possible) or dropping stuff, but most people wouldn't download something that large unless they had a quite good reason.

Edit: I just had two more thoughts. Does the Great Games Experiment work for hosting? I'm not sure what it has, but it might serve you. Google it! Secondly, the camera cuts seem very abrupt and disorienting to me.

Thanks for the positive feedback.

The camera changes are abrupt in this movie because it was edited with twelve minutes left to deadline.. =)

Anyways, when I find a host I'll be updating and writing more on the game. Probably tomorrow.

Quote:
Original post by reallyjoel
Problem is, the installer is 160mb, and I don't know where to host it.
Anyone has any ideas?

We use Bluehost.com; they've generally been very good, and hosting something like 160MB of it is trivial.

Allan

Okay, I have a host now, the file is here:
Brain Missing installer (160mb)

Perhaps I should write more about the game
Brain Missing is an adventure game for PC about Frank and his quest to get back to his normal self.
One day Frank has a nightmare in which his body parts and even brain are taken away from him. As he awakens, he realizes that it has actually happened! As a mere skull, Frank rolls around, trying to figure out what has happened, talking with his firends(?) and solving puzzles. As he finds his bodyparts, he can do more things, and new parts of the game opens up.
The game is a comical game in the vein of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango, but with modern touches like the controls and graphics/physics.

Bare in mind that this is only a demo, and a very rough one at that. We're putting it out to get as much feedback as possible, so we can lay the final touches on the game and really make it shine. It is fully playable though, and should give some laughs. Please try it out!

Perhaps I should write more about the game
Brain Missing is an adventure game for PC about Frank and his quest to get back to his normal self.
One day Frank has a nightmare in which his body parts and even brain are taken away from him. As he awakens, he realizes that it has actually happened! As a mere skull, Frank rolls around, trying to figure out what has happened, talking with his firends(?) and solving puzzles. As he finds his bodyparts, he can do more things, and new parts of the game opens up.
The game is a comical game in the vein of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango, but with modern touches like the controls and graphics/physics.

Bare in mind that this is only a demo, and a very rough one at that. We're putting it out to get as much feedback as possible, so we can lay the final touches on the game and really make it shine. It is fully playable though, and should give some laughs. Please try it out!

Brilliant. I really wasn't expecting something that good.

Just a couple of comments:

- Smokey's screen seems horizontally reversed. I couldn't explain why but I felt it should be left->right instead of the contrary.

- After I fail the cannon shot, I can't go back to the room. I can talk and get shot again, but I'm out of the room while the camera is inside.

Sign in to follow this