Sign in to follow this  
Selacius

[.net] Problem With Variable Declaration

Okey so I am linking a user control onto a tab page. Whenever I go to the windows form designer to modify it, I am getting this error: The variable 'explore1' is either undeclared or was never assigned. Hide Edit at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.Error(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String exceptionText, String helpLink) at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression) at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeExpression(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, String name, CodeExpression expression) at System.ComponentModel.Design.Serialization.CodeDomSerializerBase.DeserializeStatement(IDesignerSerializationManager manager, CodeStatement statement) How exactly can I fix this? The name of the usercontrol is explore not explore1. Nowhere in my solution do I have something called explore1.

Check the designer files of the form to see if Visual Studio hasn't accidentally added the variable there. Once its added by the designer, it will complain until that extra junk is removed.