wich engine?

Started by
30 comments, last by dadasalam 16 years, 10 months ago
I don't think EA is going to be terribly interested in English-illiterate Iranians, especially ones who are probably pirating software and have no actual skills to offer.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by dadasalam
thanks all my friends

all my friend th nebula can import 3dmax objects and models?

is it user friendly as Fps creator?
can anybody put download link for me?
what about ogre?(is it )
you know this project is huge than huge that what ever you think(i want user friendly and very simple but powerful you know ike fps but the power rise to nebula and orge)
is orge user friendly ?(by drag and drop(script less))
u put your body out of joke and don't make your funny ok ?

This post, at least the bits that I understand, confirms my suspicion that you have no idea, technically, how to go about making a game, especially one that's so large in scale.

You have no concept of what nebula even does. You are looking for a magic bullet in terms of user-friendlyness. FPS Creator's user-friendlyness comes at a price: functionality. There is no scriptless drag-and-drop game creator that will make games that do much of ANYTHING, let alone some above-and-beyond-the-scope-of-what's-possible game.

Unless you DRASTICALLY reduce the scope of your game, maybe learn some technical things in the meantime, a year from now you'll still be wondering how to start. I'm sure EA will be announcing alot of games, but I can guarantee that yours will not be in the list.

I'm not trying to be negative - I'm just trying to tell the truth.
Quote:
the story is in 20 million(it will be increase) lines and in 40 very very huge map (the smallest include only 805 homes)

I hope you dont plan on rendering all 805 homes during realtime...

Quote:
Ram: 16 Gig DDR2 Bus 800

16 Gigabytes of RAM? Wow. I really got to update then.

I personally think your project is too ambitius(sp?). Huge
video games are extremily complex projects to build, and is nearly,
if not impossible, by three members. Of course, this depends on your
definition of "huge".

What experience do you have with game development? If none, I recommend
to start smaller.

If you still want to go ahead, I would recommend using C++ with a scriptable
game engine. It is the most user-freindlyness you will get. You have
to make a decision, and decide between Quality/Control and Ease of use.

The more "Easier" a tool is, the higher its abstraction, and hence the less
control you have. With less control, your project will not end up like
what you envisioned because the tool you are using will not allow it.

I will second the use of Orge.

Hope this helps, and good luck with whatever you decide.

i have said that the most important for ea is our story and maps not designing game and graphic remember this please
our group dose not know any thing about graphic but we are powerful programming team ok?
and designing the game is a part of fun
when i post that i want help from u that which engine can i use for my game (our programming are very powerful but no time for that, a little or normal is good) not descrip of what ever you think about this story and my system specification ok ?
you know this game is Action\Adventure Game

now i want only your recommand about engine it is not important that the engine be freeware or shareware only one of that is very powerful

thanks friend's
bye

just to clarify: million = 1,000,000
20 million lines... hmm, perhaps you mean 20 thousand lines
i have said that the most important for ea is our story and maps not designing game and graphic remember this please
our group dose not know any thing about graphic but we are powerful programming team ok?
when i post that i want help from u that which engine can i use for my game (our programming are very powerful but no time for that, a little or normal is good) not descrip of what ever you think about this story and my system specification ok ?

now i want only your recommand about engine it is not important that the engine be freeware or shareware only one of that is very powerful

thanks friend's
bye

So, let me make sure I have your request straight.

A. you want an engine that does ALL OF THE WORK FOR YOU.
B. You don't want to do ANY programming
C. You are making the mother of all Action/Adventure games,
D. There has never been a game with the scope of your plan.

Given those four statements,

E. A + B requires that the engine needs to handle everything that (C) needs. (because you'd need to do a ton of programming for an engine that does NOT support the stuff in C)
F. Because of D (no game has had such a scope), there is no engine (A) that does all of the work for you.
G. E (you need an engine to do everything) and F (there is no engine that does everything) are contradictory.
H. Therefore, your request is impossible.

Designing a game is part of the fun, sure, but it's also part of the WORK. You know what else is part of the work? Programming.

I figured when I wrote my first reply that you would hand wave away/ignore all of the advice that came your way, but you really do seem dense.

Go ahead. My suggestion for an engine would be the Unreal Engine 3. Good luck paying for it, then good luck using it to produce a game. Then good luck selling your game.

You'll need every bit of it.
Quote:Original post by Drilian
we are powerful programming team ok?

Seems like he (or at least his team) knows some "powerful programming magic"...
Check out my devlog.
Quote:Original post by rfterdarc
just to clarify: million = 1,000,000
20 million lines... hmm, perhaps you mean 20 thousand lines

I was just about to comment on that. A regular A4 piece of paper is about ~75 lines on a small, compact font size without any line breaks. 20 million lines on that scale would be well over 250,000 pages. A sheet of paper is about ~0.1mm thick. 250,000 pages would form a stack of paper 25 meters high.
NextWar: The Quest for Earth available now for Windows Phone 7.
Quote:Original post by Drilian

thanks friend's
bye

So, let me make sure I have your request straight.

A. you want an engine that does ALL OF THE WORK FOR YOU.
C. You are making the mother of all Action/Adventure games,
D. There has never been a game with the scope of your plan.

Given those four statements,

E. A + B requires that the engine needs to handle everything that (C) needs. (because you'd need to do a ton of programming for an engine that does NOT support the stuff in C)
F. Because of D (no game has had such a scope), there is no engine (A) that does all of the work for you.
G. E (you need an engine to do everything) and F (there is no engine that does everything) are contradictory.
H. Therefore, your request is impossible.

Designing a game is part of the fun, sure, but it's also part of the WORK. You know what else is part of the work? Programming.

I figured when I wrote my first reply that you would hand wave away/ignore all of the advice that came your way, but you really do seem dense.

Go ahead. My suggestion for an engine would be the Unreal Engine 3. Good luck paying for it, then good luck using it to produce a game. Then good luck selling your game.

You'll need every bit of it.

oh thanks my friend it is god of engine i have bought it it was about 750,000$ is any engine powerful than this:d
oh thanks my friend it is god of engine i have bought it it was about 750,000$ is any engine powerful than this:d
...what?
Check out my devlog.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement