wich engine?

Started by
30 comments, last by dadasalam 16 years, 10 months ago
hi all developers we have 3 person group we have planning a very very big game about 3 DVDs the story is read about 20 million lines only programming and engine is not ready and now im here to ask you some question i also know Delphi,VB, VB.net,C#.net , Asp.net 1- is FPS Creator a powerful Engine for big game? 2- if is not a powerful please tell me a powerful game engine? 3- what about xna ? please help me
Advertisement
20 million lines? And you say you want to use FPSC? I have doubds about your professionalism.

Anyways, If you need great rendering, OGRE is the way to go, but you have to use third party/inhouse subsystems for networking, input etc. If you want an engine that has it all, I would suggest Nebula 2 (although I never used it, but others told me it is pretty good).

It all depends on what you want to do. If it's a RTS or top-view RPG or something like that, I would suggest writing your own engine. Do NOT use FPS Creator. It's crap. It is the mother of all crap. If you are a beginner you could try it to get the taste of gamedev, but don't you stick to it or it will be your undoing. It is unstable, VERY inefficient and does not produce quality results.

Hope I helped. If not, insults and swearing are not welcome :P.
oh very thanks my friend

the story is in 20 million(it will be increase) lines and in 40 very very huge map (the smallest include only 805 homes)

it is Action\Adventure game

which engine do you recommend me to use ?

thanks my friend

our system specification:
Cpu: Two QUAD Core 3.2GH Intel
Ram: 16 Gig DDR2 Bus 800
Graphic: Two Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX
Quote:Original post by dadasalam
the story is in 20 million(it will be increase) lines
Uh...prose is not normally measured in lines. Words, or pages (if 8.5 x 11), maybe.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I recommend you go with the StartSmaller engine.

This is me talking from personal experience:

Stop. Stop right now. Take your current idea, set it aside.

Judging by your posts here, you have no idea of the technical limitations inherent in what you're trying to do. You have no clue of the type of graphical system you'll need to render such a large world, nor of the massive amount of assets you'll need, or the amount of scripting (not story scripting, but AI/event scripting), or anything like that that you need to accomplish this game. That's not even taking into account all of the TIME involved.

I know this because about 15 years ago, I sounded just like you, designing a large game (for the time), complete with a half billion possibilities, etc etc.

Note that you never saw my game on shelves, not only was it more than I could handle, but it was also technically impossible at the time.

Now, wha I suggest to your team is to START SMALLER. There's something to be said for shooting for the moon, but it's another thing entirely when all you have is a bow and arrow. Ambitious goals are great and all, but you should keep them within the realm of what you know how to do.

Try a smaller concept first. Make something simple. Figure out how a full game fits together. Work your way up to your magnum opus. Not only will you and your team be better by the time you get there, but it'll make your Super Ultra Mega Game better in the long run, as well.
I would also recommend Nebula2. It's pretty robust, and you get a full game engine.
here is some info, screenshots, and user reviews
Goon NeHe tutorials first.
Line count is metric used by PMs an
has nothing to do with the quality/performace.
Check Torque Engine as well.
thanks all my friends

all my friend th nebula can import 3dmax objects and models?

is it user friendly as Fps creator?
can anybody put download link for me?
what about ogre?(is it )
you know this project is huge than huge that what ever you think(i want user friendly and very simple but powerful you know ike fps but the power rise to nebula and orge)
is orge user friendly ?(by drag and drop(script less))
u put your body out of joke and don't make your funny ok ?

Is your story written in as poor English as yours? I'd say, invest in an editor (that is, someone who will go over your 20 million lines and make sure they're all grammatically correct etc).
first the story is written in Persian ( IRAN language )
i have all Full Version of these softwares:
deep creator (about 2,500$)
torque
3dgamestudio
tv3d
darkbasic
orge

now which one is the most user friendly and the most powerful?

(1 years later you will hear our game From EA Company)(the most important for EA is the story and mapping not game modeling and graphic it is only for better solve for EA)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement