Japanese vs Hungarian engine competition

Started by
3 comments, last by Geri 16 years, 10 months ago
If you want to join, please DO NOT post it here. Contact directly me *** note, this compo is only for hungarian and japanese persons. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Dear Japanese friends! I am glad to invite you to the second hungarian amatheur engine developing competition! What is this compo exactly? The II. engine competition is a friendly race, in it amatheur or beginner and/or pre-commercial engine developers can theyr performance show, and race with the same qualifyed persons, and teams. What is what need to do? Very simple, if you alreday has some basic engine, you can finish the challanges within a few seconds. Only need a simply, pre-created field to loaded, that containing a few modells, and the modells containing meshes (sub-modells). Of course, the field is textured, and normalised. The position of the objects in the field is setted. The race consist two competition: FPS competition:. The goal is to render the field with the maximal speed. Rules: -Camera must be movable!! -To display the field, you does not need to use lights! -All texture should be loaded and drawed. Resolution cannot be changed. Contrast, color ballance can be modified. You can convert they format to use with your engine. The sizes of the textures is: 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048 We give the textures in: .BMP -All modell should be loaded to the setted places! Cannot remove/add anything to the modells! Of course, you can convert the modells to the format that supports your engine. We give the modells in: .3ds, .x. -Use 1024x768, 32 bit! Multi-pseudo-syncing, or cheating in another way is not allowed. Cheaters will be automatically disqualifyed. Hints: Dont use windowed mode, exclusive full screen mode is faster. DETAIL competition. The goal is to dispaly the field with max detail. Szabályok: -Cannot contain texture animations (only the particle effects, if you use them) / prerendered things! -The field is modifyable, but the original mus be remain! The modells can be expended! -In this compo, fps will be not checked. Use your best, extreme effects! All modells should be loaded to the setted places. -Textures can be changed. -Use 1024x768, 32 bit! The test computers. The FPS compo will be checked with the followwing computers.. The detail compo will be finded with voting. Only the attendants can vote. For own engine cannot be vote. Config #1: -ATi Radeon 9800PRO 128 mbyte (Catalyst 7.4) -1,25 Gbyte RAM -EPoX 8K9A2+ (AGP 8x, drv: 5.1.0.3442) Config #2: -nVidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 64 Mbyte (Detonator 56) -1,25 Gbyte RAM -EPoX 8K9A2+ (AGP 8x, drv: 5.1.0.3442) Config #3: -? -? -? Every attendant should send a small ~20, parsed readme about the engine, and another 7-8 parse from the minimum machine requietments, and the the contained api-s. One group/preson can only join with one graphics engine. Usable platforms: -Win32, Linux. On the test computer: Windows XP (2001), SuSE Linux 10.1 (2006) -Usable layers: Winapi, NET, NET2.0, Mono, X-API -Usable graphics API-s: Direct3D, OpenGL Another API-s are also usable, but dont forget to tell it in the readme. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Üdvözöllek! Ezennel szeretettel meghívlak téged az amat?r garázsmotor - verseny második fordulójára! Mi is ez a verseny pontosan? A II. engine verseny egy baráti megmérettetés, melyben a kezd? és/vagy a nem céges keretek között muköd? garázscsapatok mérhetik össze grafikus motoruk tudását a többi, hasonló kaliberü csapattal. Mi a feladat? A feladat nagyon egyszer?, és azok számára, akik már rendelkeznek valamilyen szintu grafikus motorral, pár perc alatt elkészíthet?. Egy egyszer?, elore meghatározott pályát kell betölteni, ami több modellb?l áll, a modellek pedig több mesh-bol (al-modellb?l) tev?dnek össze. Természetesen a pálya fel van textúrázva, normálozva. A pályát alkotó objektumokat a megadott helyekre kell betölteni. A verseny két részbol tev?dik össze: Az FPS verseny. A feladat az adott pályát minnél gyorsabban, valós id?ben megjeleníteni. Szabályok: -A kamerának mozgathatónak kell lennie! -A pálya megjelenítéséhez NEM kell fényeket használni! -A pálya minden textúráját be kell tölteni, azonos felbontással, mint amik a modellcsomagban vannak. A textúrák módosíthatók (kontraszt, színer?, stb), de a méretük nem! Természetesen az engined által támogatott formátumra konvertálhatók. A használt textúrák mérete a következ?: 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048 Alapból a következ? formátumban biztosítjuk a textúrákat: .BMP -A pályán minden modellt be kell tölteni a megadott helyekre! A modellekb?l elvenni, vagy hozzájuk adni, módosítani TILOS! Természetesen az engined által támogatott formátumra konvertálhatók. Alapból a következ? formátumban biztosítjuk a modelleket: .3ds, .x -1024x768, 32 bit-et használj! Tilos többször syncelni, vagy más módon csalni. A fenti pontokban is vannak megadott szabályok, bármelyik megszegése azonnali kizárást vonhat maga után. Tippek: Ne ablakos, hanem teljes képernyos módot használj, úgy az FPS nagyobb! A MINOSÉG verseny. A feladat az adott pályát minnél szebben, valós id?ben megjeleníteni. Szabályok: -A m? nem tartalmazhat mozgóképeket (kivételt képeznek ezalól az esetéeges particle, részecske effektek)! -Módosítható a pálya is, de az eredeti pályának meg kell maradnia! A pályához hozzá lehet adni! -Ebben a tesztben az FPS nem lesz mérve, nyugodtan használhatsz extrém, saját effekteket is! Az el?re meghatározott modelleket itt is be kell tölteni a meghatározott helyekre! -A textúrák cserélhet?k! -1024x768, 32 bit-et használj! A tesztgépek - Az FPS verseny eredményei ezeken a gépeken lesznek kiértékelve. A min?ség verseny nyerteseit anonim módon, a nevezok szavazatai alapján határozzuk meg, sorszámok alapján. Saját m?vére senki sem szavazhat. Konfig #1: -ATi Radeon 9800PRO 128 mbyte (Catalyst 7.4) -1,25 Gbyte RAM -EPoX 8K9A2+ (AGP 8x, drv: 5.1.0.3442) Konfig #2: -nVidia GeForce 4 Ti4200 64 Mbyte (Detonator 56) -1,25 Gbyte RAM -EPoX 8K9A2+ (AGP 8x, drv: 5.1.0.3442) Konfig #3: -? -? -? Ezen felül minden pályázatnak tartalmazni kell egy rövid, kb 20 mondatos leírást az enginejér?l, továbbá leírni a futtatáshoz sz?kséges gépigényt, használt API-kat is, 8-9 mondatban. Mindenki csak 1 motorral nevezhet! Használható platformok: -Win32, Linux. A tesztgépen: Windows XP (2001), SuSE Linux 10.1 (2006) -Használható keretrendszerek: Winapi, NET, NET2.0, Mono, X-API -Használható grafikus API-k: Direct3D, OpenGL Ezekt?l eltéro API-k is használhatóak, de az engine dokumentációjában említeni kell ?ket. --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you want to join, please DO NOT post it here. Contact directly me at: **** please note, this compo is only for hungarian and japanese persons.
Advertisement
... what an odd pairing...

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

This belongs in the Your Announcements forum at best, I think.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

I've been on these boards for nearly 6 years and I can tell you right now that besides myself, I only know of 2 other Hungarians (agyilag zokni) that had registered on this forum.
Quote:Original post by Programmer One
I've been on these boards for nearly 6 years and I can tell you right now that besides myself, I only know of 2 other Hungarians (agyilag zokni) that had registered on this forum.

Yep, no hungarians here becouse they has own portals.
But i hope, some japaneses visites this site - but it seems they also has own portals, that i currently not finding.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement