I released my game 1 week ago, but no sale

Started by
23 comments, last by sunxvogy 16 years, 9 months ago
i ve released my game on May 28th, but it is still no sale for now... are some problems with my game ? My game is a puzzle & casual game for Windows platform. here is the web: http://www.hihisoft.com/game.html could you give me some suggestions? woodyball1.jpg
Advertisement
GameDev Marketing 101:
  1. You're on a game programming site. Therefore you must show mastery HTML 4 syntax. In other words, make a link to your page.
  2. See 1. Also, correct the img tag for your screenshot.
  3. How come this is the first time I'm hearing of your game? To sell anything you must advertise heavily, but not beyond your means. If I haven't heard of it, what makes you think other people have?
  4. Selling products and services for the first time is an exercise in patience. So see 3.
  5. Don't ask why no one has bought your game (especially after a week!). Make us, compel us to buy your game. Describe, show, drop a damn demo of the game. Exposure, exposure, exposure.

Obscure and tsloper will have much more wisdom to share than I ever will. So heed their advice if they decide to bestow it upon you.

Good luck with your game sales! [smile]

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

First off congratulations on actualy finishing a game, that now puts you above 4/5 of the people on this site :). That being said...

How much advertising have you done for your game? I have found that even the cheesiest software in the world sells if you advertise it well enough. But if you expect people just to find your PR0 site out of the blue... how can you expect sales? have you put any demos on sites? hosted it on some download sites for people to find it? Anything at all really?

In addition, while your game looks fairly polished, im not 100% positive it can compete with other games in that price range. Add a bit more color and some effects. Give it some "wazzam".

Richard
http://www.GameProducer.net
(please bear in mind that the following I express no guarentees on, its mearly based on the marketing success I have had a with some programs I developed)

first I would put up something on the pages that your game is linked on. For the sites that you listed it on, see if you can somehow get the pageviews off of it. This is your "views" number. Its the number of people that hit your demographic that were exposed to your game. If this number is under 1000 a day, then you just arnt advertising enough to really expect much in the way of sales

now put up something to gauge your download numbers. this will help you understand your programs exposure, how many people are at least interested enough to download. Believe it or not alot of people will download a free demo given an oppertunity.. so this is a good way to get an "interest" number.

you can take the number of downloads divided by the number of unique visitors to the pages and you will now know how many people download the program based on how many visit it. ie: 5% of the people who visit the page download it. if this number is under 5%, You might need to step up your sales page or screenshots.

now you take the number of sales and divide it by the number of people who have downloaded your program. This is the number of "translations". People who have downloaded your program and are interested enough to purchase. Anything above 3% here is pretty good. If this number is exceedingly low, then that means you actualy need to work on your game a bit more. You can have very few sales though, and this number still be high. If thats the case, then its most likely the marketing thats missing, not the game itself.
Quote:Original post by PaulCesar
First off congratulations on actualy finishing a game, that now puts you above 4/5 of the people on this site :). That being said...

How much advertising have you done for your game? I have found that even the cheesiest software in the world sells if you advertise it well enough. But if you expect people just to find your PR0 site out of the blue... how can you expect sales? have you put any demos on sites? hosted it on some download sites for people to find it? Anything at all really?

In addition, while your game looks fairly polished, im not 100% positive it can compete with other games in that price range. Add a bit more color and some effects. Give it some "wazzam".

Richard

Do you mean my price is too expensive?
Quote:Original post by sunxvogy
i ve released my game on May 28th, but it is still no sale for now...

Hoo boy!
As Master Po said to his kung fu student: "Patience, grasshopper."
How old are you? And are you sure you aren't American? (^_^)
The world doesn't reward brilliance that easily!
Seriously. You need to rethink your expectations, think more realistically.
See FAQ 47 and FAQ 60 at http://www.sloperama.com/advice.html

-- Tom Sloper -- sloperama.com

Quote:Original post by PaulCesar
I have found that even the cheesiest software in the world sells if you advertise it well enough.

Where is the best place for advertising my game? Or i should modify my game first?
You need to fix all the grammatical errors in your description of the game.
Quote:Original post by Smoothballer
You need to fix all the grammatical errors in your description of the game.

Oh... My native language is not english and my english is poor... Could you help me to point up some grammatical errors?

Thank you~~

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement