Sign in to follow this  

Any Ideas on how one should set up a user interface

This topic is 3839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey all, I think Im ready to make a user interface where users can set there name and other things, I was thinking of using the editboxes created with the CreateWindowEx and setting the classname to "EDIT" this all works good for a window but now when I use Direct3d the edit boxes are behind the screen is there a way to fix this. If this is all a bad Idea, how should I go about making a user interface with D3D. Should I use images, draw them with code use vb or create my own edit boxes and things(reinventing the wheel) or is there a API out there that one could use, but would realy like to make my own

The DXUT Framework can be found under Samples\...\Common for the latest SDK. The GUI is quite easy to use, however you might have to look inside the source code and change a few things to make it suit your application.

This topic is 3839 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.