Sign in to follow this  
supagu

gcc template compile problem

i have another gcc problem which is rather bizarre. statemachine.h: template <class T> class TStateMachine { // code }; gamestate.h: class GameState { //code }; game.h: #include "GameState.h" #include StateMachine.h" class TestAnim : public TStateMachine<GameState> { //code }; i get the following compile error using gcc: /home/bronson/workspace/Project/AirBlimbs/Source/Game/Game.h:21: error: expected template-name before ‘<’ token /home/bronson/workspace/Project/AirBlimbs/Source/Game/Game.h:21: error: expected `{' before ‘<’ token /home/bronson/workspace/Project/AirBlimbs/Source/Game/Game.h:21: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘<’ token /home/bronson/workspace/Project/AirBlimbs/Source/Game/Game.h:30: error: expected template-name before ‘<’ token /home/bronson/workspace/Project/AirBlimbs/Source/Game/Game.h:30: error: expected `{' before ‘<’ token /home/bronson/workspace/Project/AirBlimbs/Source/Game/Game.h:30: error: expected unqualified-id before ‘<’ token if i cut and paste the code in to game.h it compiles fine. ideas? btw this code works fine in visual studio

The error message is saying than g++ is expecting a template name but you aren't providing one. It's impossible to tell you more without seeing the actual source code. Aren't you forgetting a namespace? Have you checked for possible typos that you'd have fixed without noticing while typing here? Posting the actual code is important.

hrmm Initially it was called StateMachine i changed it to TStateMachine and it still didnt work, so i changed it back and now its working