How many tris/Player on MMO??

Started by
5 comments, last by JBourrie 16 years, 10 months ago
Hadow2Lose: Hell-o, i need a little help, i want to know how many triangles is good enuf for MMORPG im talking abaut Player and weapon, o yea im a supernewbe by the way lol
Advertisement
Like a lot, man. Just all over the place. Especially in the crotch area.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Because if you don't have high resolution crotches, the crotch laser won't look right when you hook the weapon slot up to (0,0,0)
Promit's right, nowadays if you want to make a good MMORPG (and I can tell that you do!!!!) you need to have at least 3-4 thousand triangles in the crotch region alone! You should also use probably like 7-8 thousand on the ass, to make sure it is round and smooth because no one likes it when they zoom in on their MMORPG character's ass and it's blocky.

So to be concise you want like 500 thousand triangles per model; it doesn't matter what it is.
12,567 per character and 493 per weapon is a good start .
Before you ask the second question-for modelling, use 3ds max 7+.
Regards.
You guys are soooo wrong for that. There's no point antagonizing over this.
You could have just told him to pick up a copy of "MMO Character Design for Dummies" along with "Sam's How to Build a AAA MMO in 90 Days".

Sheesh, cut him some slack.

Besides, why would you want 4k polys in the crotch region if you're just going to cover it up with a 25k poly Spiked Codpiece of Thrusting that gives +90 to your Manhood skill? +95 for female characters not wearing the Fruedian Slippers.

Webby
Each summer two things are guaranteed to happen:

- The intelligence level of the internet will drop by at least 40%, due to all of the summer kiddies without school to keep them busy.

- GameDev regulars will become increasingly sarcastic toward these kiddies inane questions.

That's why it warms my heart to see a thread like this, where everybody is so willing to take the time out of their busy day to give an honest answer to an excellent question. It shows that there is still some love in the world.

@OP

Check out my new game Smash and Dash at:

http://www.smashanddashgame.com/

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement