Sign in to follow this  

My Game So Far: Ovid the Owl

This topic is 3842 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, this is my first attempt at an actual game (not just some mini-arcade game) and it's still not quite finished, but I decided to release a demo. It's called Ovid the Owl and I want it to be a long adventure/side-scroller game. I'm trying to get a lot of feedback on what I have so far. I can't believe its taken me over a year to get to this point, but I'm doing music, sound, graphics, and programming so everything is really slow right now... Game: http://lzr.cc/Ovid.htm. Tell me what you think.

I've only played the first few minutes so far but I really liked it. The control is good and the concept is solid. The only thing I would complain about is the animation.

The graphics are fine from an artistic standpoint, but they need a lot more motion. It kind of looks like an old Game Gear game, which is a shame because theres a lot of potential in the designs. Nothing feels alive because only one or two parts are moving at a time, its like a bunch of rubber toys with the limbs flapping. Make the heads bob up and down, the bodies less stationary, just add a little more personality to the animation and it'll be a really great presentation.

Ya' know, you might have a point with that. Would it make the world seem more alive if I added some moving background "things"? I will definitely add more movement in the finished product. I always sub-consciously felt there was something oddly still in the game...

Sign in to follow this