Sign in to follow this  
forsaken7

Class and Skill?

I need some help with dividing things. I have three classes, a close-range, a mid-range, and a long-range class. I'm thinking of dividing them into subgroups as a player gets to a higher level (maybe 20?). This game is based on another planet 1000 years in the future so anything really can happen (no magic though, guns are the weapons here). Oh, and it's 3rd person. Classes and Subgroups: Long-Range -Scout (recon) -Ghost (something like that) Mid-Range -(nothing) -(nothing) Assault (Close-Range) -Elite (right in the middle of a battle) -(nothing) I need some help with figuring out how to divide these classes and maybe some subgroup ideas. Also, I have class specific skills but it would be an honor if you had any ideas Close-range: -Dash (since they wear heavy armor (sometimes 1 ton), they move slower). This skill is something like playing a ninja gaiden game when he dashes, he goes quickly and leaves a blue trail of his body, making an illusion of where he was previously (i hope u know what i'm talking about). They dash in a zig zag, making it almost impossible to be shot while using this skill. -Rage. This skill increases their strength, and when combined with dash, will crush any nearby player. Mid-Range: -(no name). Sort of like a levitate dash. They quickly levitate from one area to another (about 40 feet). Levitation is about 5 inches high. If you have ever played Dragonball Z or whatever and you see them on the ground and they quickly dash backwards, they sort of levitate back. Long-Range: -Stealth. Allows them to prowl around invisible to the naked eye. Decreases movement. -(no name). Skill which increases speed and jump height by 120%, allowing them to relocate quickly if spotted by an enemy player. -(no name again.. =(.) This is a passive skill. This skill allows them to climb ladders and poles with ease. -Hack (scout skill). Allows them to hack into any given system, be it lights, generators, computers. Any help and insight will be appreciated. Thanks.

It sounds like you need to develop your basic blasses more before splitting them up into subclasses and giving them skills. You should write class descriptions that let you get a feel for how they'll play. Then start adding abilities.