Where's a good place to host a web blog?

Started by
4 comments, last by Toolmaker 16 years, 10 months ago
I was wondering where there is a good place to host a web blog. What one's most game developer's, programmers prefer. If there is one better than the other one out there right now. I am wanting to host a web log with my monthly games I have made, and will continue to make, and monthly tutorials on Allegro, and C++ I will be making for free distribution. Plus, if I could get it to the point of downloading my games, and having a paypal donation that would be cool too. Thanks,
c.s. Finch
Advertisement
The most visible Blogs these days are probably blogspot.com and blogger.com.

With that said, GDNet hosts "developer journals" on this very site when you get a GDNet+ account.

These developer journals are just blogs, with attached web space, etc...

On the plus side, the journals here on GDNet probably get more exposure to the game development community, while the blogs on the above two sites probably have larger user bases in general.

Cheers!
Jeromy Walsh
Sr. Tools & Engine Programmer | Software Engineer
Microsoft Windows Phone Team
Chronicles of Elyria (An In-development MMORPG)
GameDevelopedia.com - Blog & Tutorials
GDNet Mentoring: XNA Workshop | C# Workshop | C++ Workshop
"The question is not how far, the question is do you possess the constitution, the depth of faith, to go as far as is needed?" - Il Duche, Boondock Saints
Kicking this over to the Lounge.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
I would recommend blogger.com as you can make as many blogs as you want for your different projects, you can share blogs if you want and you can edit the HTML, it has pretty much everything you would want.
I'd second the plug for the GDNet+ journals. One big advantage is that your blog immediately gets exposure to other developers, something that you can't really say for anywhere else I know of.
I use Blogger (Shameless plug of my dune II clone devlog [grin]).

It's nice, allows you to upload 1GB of images, and there's a firefox plugin(Lightscribe) which allows you to post without even visiting the blogger site(Altho it didn't support uploading images via the blogger API last time).

If you don't wanna donate to GDNet or don't have any money(Like me), then go with blogger.

Toolmaker

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement