• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
carlsfinch

Unity [Linker error] undefined reference to jpgalleg_init'

This topic is 4055 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do I reference jpgalleg for Allegro and C++ in DevC++. What are the lib files, parameters I must add to the project to use jpgalleg, etc... In other words I do I setup the projects in DevC++ 4.9.9.2 to use jpgalleg, and other libraries I've downloaded with Allegro in DevC++. I've downloaded, and installed alot of Allegro community libraries. jpgalleg being one of many. I have successfuly downloaded, and installed all of them. I have successfully referenced? setup Allegro 4.2.1 in DevC++ 4.9.9.2 to work with, and I'm trying to load a jpg file with jpgalleg using the bmp function in Allegro, but it give mes the linking eror of undefined reference to jpgalleg_init. So please help me out. on linking other libraries to my project, and setting them up correctly. Thanks,

Advertisement
Try this:
Create new project.
Then:
Project->Project Options->Parameters->Linker: Then browse to file that was together with jpgalleg zip/rar.
Hope it will help.

Be careful about what order you list your linker libraries in. If you have -ljpgalleg listed after -lallegXX (where XX is the version of Allegro you are using) it may give you a similar error. The library with no outside references that everything else depends on should be listed LAST.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!