• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
KingXs

OpenGL Drop Down Menu on the Top

This topic is 4052 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi I wanted to know how i could add an drop down menu on the top of the opengl window. Do i have to do this with glut or is there another way? If not could somebody show me a realy good tutorial because i didnt find on which explains well. Thank you

Advertisement
A long time ago I posted a system to easily put OpenGL in "2D-Mode" - You can view it here. If you are referring to a GUI (graphical user interface), then the above would be a good start.

If you are referring to the win32 window itself, then you need to check on win32 programming tutorials, specifically, the command bar.

Can you clarify what you are trying to do?

Thank you for your answer.

I just started learning opengl.
I bought the Beginning Opengl Game Programming and the more Opengl Game Programming.

So i am triing out some functions.

I wanted to try for example with a a GUI Menu in which you can maybe select a quad and a quad apperas on the screen
or maybe you select a triangle in the Menu and a Pyramid appears.

After that i would try to find a way to put a little menu on the right side of the Window where you can change for example the coordinates or the values like color.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!