Open GL APIs in DirectX

Started by
4 comments, last by SimonForsman 16 years, 10 months ago
Dear guys/gals Is it possible to use OpenGl APIs in DirectX 9.0?
Advertisement
Simpel answer: No
No, but your Windows operating system and DirectX9 graphics card no doubt supports OpenGL as well...
Quote:Original post by coolshamim
Dear guys/gals

Is it possible to use OpenGl APIs in DirectX 9.0?

You can render with OpenGL and use DirectX for input and sound. Are you talking about using Direct3D and OpenGL at the same time? No.
Actually i have purchased Quadro FX 5500 graphics card to provide frame locking between two computers. The graphics card comes up with Open GL APIs and claims that this frame locking feature is available in Open GL APIs and not for DirectX. I have developed my whole Application in DirectX and i want to use Frame locking feature in my application thats why i am interested to use frame locking specific APIs of Open Gl in directx. can any body has worked on Frame locking features of graphics card in directx then plz help me out
Quote:Original post by coolshamim
Actually i have purchased Quadro FX 5500 graphics card to provide frame locking between two computers. The graphics card comes up with Open GL APIs and claims that this frame locking feature is available in Open GL APIs and not for DirectX. I have developed my whole Application in DirectX and i want to use Frame locking feature in my application thats why i am interested to use frame locking specific APIs of Open Gl in directx. can any body has worked on Frame locking features of graphics card in directx then plz help me out

If you need to use hardware features that aren't avaliable through D3D you have to use OpenGL (With extensions for said features unless they are a part of the core API), or wait until Microsoft decides to include those features in a DX version. (With OpenGL the hardware manufacturer is free to add their own features themselves)

Rewriting the renderer shouldn't be too hard.
[size="1"]I don't suffer from insanity, I'm enjoying every minute of it.
The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement