Opening Help Pages Inside VS 2005?

Started by
3 comments, last by 51mon 16 years, 10 months ago
Hi When opening a help page (e.g. DirectX) in VS 2005 a new browser appears. Is there some way to open this page in a tab inside the original browser instead? Thanks [Edited by - 51mon on June 12, 2007 8:07:41 AM]
Advertisement
Well, one thing I did that may work is to right click on the document that is open and select 'tabbed document' and then drag the document to the window you want it in. Hope that helps.

C++: A Dialog | C++0x Features: Part1 (lambdas, auto, static_assert) , Part 2 (rvalue references) , Part 3 (decltype) | Write Games | Fix Your Timestep!

Quote:Original post by nobodynews
Well, one thing I did that may work is to right click on the document that is open and select 'tabbed document' and then drag the document to the window you want it in. Hope that helps.

Unfortunately that didn’t work (might has to do with me using Vista). I think it’s convenient to open the documentations in the same browser as the code page and watch both at the same time with split tab groups. I know I was able to do it in older versions of Visual Studio.
Hey 51mon,

Go to Tools > Options > Help > General

You'll see "Show Help using:"
Click the drop down arrow and select "Integrated Help Viewer"

- Goishin
Quote:Original post by Goishin
Hey 51mon,

Go to Tools > Options > Help > General

You'll see "Show Help using:"
Click the drop down arrow and select "Integrated Help Viewer"

- Goishin

That, sir/ma'am, was a great answer :)