Using Netbeans to Convert XMI to RSA

Started by
0 comments, last by Antheus 16 years, 10 months ago
As an intern, my task involves Java programming, in Netbeans, in order to convert from XMI to Rational Software Architect(built on Eclipse). I've investigated literature, such as the Eclipse Modeling Framework(EMF) API, EMF Overview, EMF Tutorial and the javadocs for the EMF API. This information has not proven to be very useful to me. I seek 1) help with the instantiation of an RSA object, i.e. where can I find the right class? 2) code snippets to assist me in using Eclipse Thanks!
Advertisement
According to the IDM's article, RSA supports opening of XMI files directly.

Since I don't have access to RSA, I cannot go into details, but if it's built on top of Eclipse framework (not Eclipse Java Ide or something similar), then it might, but not necessarily, be possible to use the plugins in eclipse.

I'm not familiar with NetBeans being able to use Eclipse plug-ins, since those depend on various contracts and meta-data available only within eclise.

It also apears that XMI->RSA conversion isn't possible automatically, at least the tutorials demonstrate that quite some manual input is needed.

But still, I don't exactly understand the need. XMI apears to be supported in RSA directly, and RSA is Eclipse application. What role does NetBeans play here?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement