• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Winegums

[.net] Depth Sorting in WPF with C#

This topic is 4044 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Is it possible to sort different layered screens in runtime from the c# element of a WPF application? is there some sort of "SendToFront()" function or command i can call on a WPF screen to make it be presented in front of other screens in the same application? I know you can modify the ZIndex of a screen in the xaml file, but this only changes the order of objects within this file doesn't it?

Advertisement
In terms of a WPF specific way, I don't know of one, but have you tried forcing that window to minimize then restore? may bring it to the foreground.

Another possible way (in theroy) is to set a specific window to top most like this thingy

http://www.galasoft-lb.ch/mydotnet/GalaSoftLb.Wpf.ColorClock/index.html

But to be honest, i dont know is this makes ALL windows of the app topmost in relation to other apps, or if the property can be applied to one of many windows from the same app. If it can be applied to a single window, then set it, and immediately unset it.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!