• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
chino_lpf

OpenGL OpenGL release in VC++

This topic is 4052 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello I want to run an OpenGl program in others computers. I compiled it in visual C++, but I don't know what DLL I have to include to release it to a friend. I try to give him with the .exe, the Microsoft.VC80.CRT(pack of msvc DLLs), opengl32.dll, glu32.dll, glut32.dll, user32.dll, gdi32.dll, advapi32.dll, but he can`t run the progam... Thanks and sorry for my worst english...

Advertisement
Are you getting any kind of error messages?

Missing dependancies such as DLL's usually invoke an error message saying so.

I can run it without problems, I suppose because I have all needed DLL´s, but my friend recives a message saying something like: "Is not posible to initiate the aplication because your configuration is not correct, reinstall the aplication could solving the problem"
Sorry for my english
Thanks

Don't give them to him any of these. First try just give him the executable and tell him to update his graphic card driver. You might have to include the glut32.dll and the pack of msvc dll.

This error has nothing to do with the graphics drivers. It's because the VC8 CRT runtimes aren't installed. Yet, you can't just give him the DLLs themselves. They have to be correctly installed and registered with the system. Tell your friend to download and install this. That should solve the problem.

You still have to include glut32.dll though. But you should certainly not distribute any of the others (opengl32, glu32, user32/gdi32) with your application. These come with Windows.

P.S. Also don't forget to build the program as Release, otherwise it would ask for visual studio debug dlls.

Before I have tryed every you said me, thinking, I remember that some time ago, I make my release al home without problems, but one day, I update my visual c++, and since then, my releases don't work outside my laptop. I release my proyects in school and work everywhere, so the update make something wrong in mi visual c++...
I think if I reinstall the compiler my release could work ok.
Thanks for everything and sorry fom mu english

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!