• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
CTEagle

Select Text Rich Edit Control

This topic is 4149 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have a chat application that has a chat room in it. 1 of the controls on my chat room form is a Rich Edit Control. This control lists all of the participants in the chat room. I want to be able to single click one of the user names listed in this Rich Edit Control and have that user name highlighted. By default, the Rich Edit Control requires a double click to do this. Is there a way to change this default behaviour to a single click? Perhaps there is a better control for this purpose than a Rich Edit Control. I am using C++ and the Win32 API. No MFC. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Advertisement
I belive you would have to subclass the rich edit control although i myself am not 100% sure how to go about it.

but i belive that is the solution to your problem.. ps if you ever figure it pm lol

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!