• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
pemjahat

[Physics]Basic game collision-PhysX

This topic is 4002 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Greetings, I had already used physX for this past 5 months to produce prototype demo in our game hence still has a problem and don't know how to use it properly. I try to list every basic game collision that we need and also problem that i encountered: 1. Character with static object 2. Character with terrain 3. Character with other character Ok now let's assume that character is kinematic actor( because it's controlled by AI or player ) and static object, terrain as static actor. Using the current PhysX 2.6 I almost can't achieve that because static and kinematic can't detect collision. PhysX has some solution like character controller, but the capsule shape is not enough to cover all we need if the character change his height : duck, stand. So anyone in here have a good suggestion what i am supposed to achieve all of basic game physics. Thanks before. Regards, Randy

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!