• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Direct3D problem - SetFVF()

This topic is 3995 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First of, the usual first post stuff: Im kind of new to this whole programming thing, Ive been coding on c/c++ for about 1½ years. Thought I give this whole computer graphics thing a shot. Last but not least, my first post here! :-) My problem is as follows: Im doing a small entityManager and I want it to handle simple entities. The thing is that when I try to render the entity to the screen, my application crashes. Ive managed to lurk my error to the SetFVF() command. First of my questions are; why does the m_vertexbuffer change address prior to rendering the entity? Why does it not like when I set the "right" typ of FVF ? Init of D3D www.catamarana.com/cpp/?id=24 EntityManager www.catamarana.com/cpp/?id=25 Entity www.catamarana.com/cpp/?id=23 Defines www.catamarana.com/cpp/?id=26 Outputs & debug www.catamarana.com/cpp/?id=27 Disclamer: English is not my first language ;-)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!