• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

LEGAL problem

This topic is 3904 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi frinds. I did an open source COLLADA loader and one of my main test model is a FERRARI F40 which was downloaded here: http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=475 As you can see, it just says PRICE FREE and you can download it for free, there is nothing about legal issues. I tried to contact the author but it was impossible, his website did not work and there is no email. So, what can I do if I want to distribute that model with my open source program? By the way, I did some modifications to the original model. Thanks a lot for your help.

Advertisement
There is no info in the ferrai download but the Dodge Viper GTS http://www.the3dstudio.com/product_details.aspx?id_product=816 has some author info with it
Quote:

English:
This Modell was downloaded from www.LauLau.de and shoud not be used for any commercial!!
The only possibillity to use it commercial is that you contact the webmaster
(Webmaster@LauLau.de) and ask for. Also would it be nice to sign in a Logo from
LauLau.de or put one in the Credits!

I would be very happy if you show some understanding,

greetings
LauLau.de
and the site listed seems to be unrelated, just s show home ?

Thanks, I didnt see that email.

I will send him an email right now.

On the other hand, I think that it is not necessary because my open source program is not for commercial purposes.

See you!

Quote:
On the other hand,...

I realise this but its just seems better to be clear, one way or the other.

Quote:
Original post by riruilo
I will send him an email right now.

On the other hand, I think that it is not necessary because my open source program is not for commercial purposes.

Even if you get his permission, you still violate Ferraris trademarks by using their name, logo, and possibly design patterns.

Quote:
Original post by riruilo
He, not me.

I think.

both of you, i'm sure (unless you somehow manage to pretend you thought ferarri was a madeup name & never heards of cars from them ><)

Quote:
Original post by ranakor
both of you, i'm sure

That's correct. Both of you are in violation of Ferraris' IP. Although the actual risk of a lawsuit is minimal, I would still (at least) remove the logo and any instances of the name Ferrari from the model.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement