• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Menus and Windows in Opengl

This topic is 3910 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hallo I wanted to know if there are some guides which explains how to add an menu at th etop of a opengl window. And how to show window wiht strings inside it. Is there a book i could buy or some good guides out there? Thank you.

Advertisement
I'm not entirely sure what you are asking. If you want a normal windows-type menu bar on the window you should use the windows API to place it there. Or you can design your own menu system and write that up in OpenGL (there are also a number of other libraries which might be useful).

If you mean you want a editor-type box in the window, you should also use the windows API for that. If you simply want to display text in a window, you will need to write (or find) a text drawing function (take a look at the tutorials at nehe.gamedev.net for some good tips on this).

I first started at NeHe
but i didnt came very far

So i bought me the books: Opengl Gameprogramming and the More OpenGl Gameprogramming

with menu i mean a menu-bar of the API
but i dont realy know how to put it there

if it were a vc++ application i would know how
but i dont know how to use the API in OpenGL

im quite sure that there are libraries for that
the problems just that i cant find them, and if i found one i wouldnt realy know how to use it corectly

by showing text in a window i meant a new window that appears on the screen with text in it, not a text writen wit opengl functions

i cant remember seeing some tutorials at nehe for those two kinds of things

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement