• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Drizzt9

VB 6.0 download?

This topic is 4081 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Where can i dl a copy of visual Basic 6.0? I've been to microsoft, and i have alt+F11 on microsoft word but i need visual Basic 6.0 for a game i am attempting to make... any help would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Advertisement
Aye, I highly reccommend .NET (as a VB 6 and .NET programmer in my day job).

Also, check with your work... if you're fortunate enough to be working in software engineering, there's a chance that your business has an Microsoft ISV Partnership. If they do, you can download unlimited copies of VB 6 for free if I remember correctly. They give you a link and a freshly generated VB 6 key code and let you have at it. Only limitation is that it can only be used by employees of the business... so if you happen to be in that position, check with your boss.

Or just get the free .NET dev environment. I promise you'll like it more. =) (if for absolutely NO other reason [such as the plethora of new features, capabilities, support and compatibility with new OSes], you'll like it because it finds all your syntax errors at once instead of one at a time as you compile over and over and over... ;) )

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!