• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Crash on exit(after sp2 or net framework 2)

This topic is 3904 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My friend was getting an error when my program is closing.After i installed sp2 and net framework 2 i started to getting this error too.I asked some people to test it and they are getting it too. Anyone knows what is causing this and how can i prevent this? ps: I'm doing win32 programming with directx 9.0, if this helps..

Advertisement
Could be one of a hundred problems causing the error. Gonna need more information; please describe the situation a bit more, and possibly provide your shutdown code--if you're handling a WM_CLOSE or WM_QUIT message, provide the code for that as well. Also, if you can copy and paste the error you're getting, that would help.

Just to take a stab, though, I'm guessing that the error you're getting is probably caused by attempting to delete memory that has already been deleted during the shutdown phase. I've noticed this happens a lot with classes and inheritance, as sometimes it can be difficult to track which variables are automatically taken care of and which ones aren't. Message handling can further confuse this if you have multiple window handles or threads. At least, I've noticed that kind of problem in my past coding days.

Quote:
Original post by Omega147
Could be one of a hundred problems causing the error. Gonna need more information; please describe the situation a bit more, and possibly provide your shutdown code--if you're handling a WM_CLOSE or WM_QUIT message, provide the code for that as well. Also, if you can copy and paste the error you're getting, that would help.

Just to take a stab, though, I'm guessing that the error you're getting is probably caused by attempting to delete memory that has already been deleted during the shutdown phase. I've noticed this happens a lot with classes and inheritance, as sometimes it can be difficult to track which variables are automatically taken care of and which ones aren't. Message handling can further confuse this if you have multiple window handles or threads. At least, I've noticed that kind of problem in my past coding days.

I'll post my code when i go to home, but it doesnt give any error it just shows up the windows error screen "send a report" or not.

Oh i noticed that when i delete the "texture array release's",the error is gone.should i post it in directx forum?.how can releasing a texture array cause an error ?

Quote:
Original post by Eralp
Oh i noticed that when i delete the "texture array release's",the error is gone.should i post it in directx forum?.how can releasing a texture array cause an error ?

There's no need to post this in the DirectX forum--the error you're getting doesn't appear to be DirectX exclusive. As mentioned earlier, the texture you're trying to release has probably already been freed by the time you explicitly attempt to delete it. Another deconstructor is likely already handling the allocation of memory for that texture, so you shouldn't have to worry about it. Make certain this is the case, though, otherwise this will create a memory leak.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement