What edition of the C Compiler do you use?

Started by
20 comments, last by 91chris91 16 years, 10 months ago
I am curious what C Compiler everyone is using. Borland C++ Visual C++ 6 Visual C++ .Net 2003 Visual C++ .Net 2005 Visual C# 2003 Visual C# 2005 If you have a specific reason you use that compiler please list it as well. Please no flame wars. I am not interested in a debate, just personal opinions. Thanks
Advertisement
None of those are, strictly speaking, C compilers. They are either C++ or C# compilers (and it just so happens that the C++ compilers listed can compile straight C as well).

I use the latest versions from MS, so Visual C++ 8.0 (2005) when writing C++, Visual C# 2005 when writing C#.
Intel C++ compiler on my Windows Box and my Mac box.
Personally: gcc 4.1.1
We''re sorry, but you don''t have the clearance to read this post. Please exit your browser at this time. (Code 23)
Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition - It's free, It's extensible, It's good, It has a great IDE.
Visual Studio 2005 Professional.

It's got a great IDE (Arguably the best Windows C/C++/C# IDE), I've always used the Visual Studio family of IDEs so I'm used to the interface, it optimises well and is very powerful, I only develop for Windows platforms, so cross-platform isn't (currently) a concern, and it can generate 64-bit executables.
VS 2005 Standard - pro doesn't offer any features worth the extra $400 (or whatever the difference is, more than double at least).
Unless you have access to the MS company store... Then it only costs you $100 for VS 2005 Professional [grin]

I use my $100 copy of VS 2005 Pro, by the way.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

I would normally use Visual Studio 2005 Express, but I have a free copy of Pro from my MSDN subscription.
In Windows I use Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Pro

In Solaris 10, I use both Sun Studio 11 and 12 pre-release as well as gcc 4.1.2

"I can't believe I'm defending logic to a turing machine." - Kent Woolworth [Other Space]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement