• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Comprehensive introduction to advanced physics?

This topic is 3872 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I've worked on a physics engine for spheres that didn't involve rotations (just translations). It nicely handles stacking, collisions, etc. I feel confidant about the math involved in rotations (Tensors, etc.) and I don't think I'll have too much difficulty with them. The next logical step after this is joints. I know the terms I want to learn (Jacobian, LCP solver), I just don't have any idea what they are, what they do, or what they look like in code. I'm not finding any good articles about them. I'd like to find articles that start with the assumption that I know how vectors, matricies, and the conservation of translational and angular momentum work, and build up from there. Most things I'm finding are PPT presentations and forum posts.

Advertisement
I think you need a text book on Classical Mechanics of which there are a number. Marion and Thornton is what we used in my classes, although I doubt it's the best text.

I haven't really read all of these articles here: http://chrishecker.com/Rigid_Body_Dynamics but what I read was useful and the final program the author creates is pretty cool so you might check that out.

Edit: Err sorry I didn't see the remark about joints, my suggestions are probably irrelevant then.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement