FBO + GLEW + ATI + glFramebufferTexture2DEXT = crash

Started by
3 comments, last by Woltan 16 years, 10 months ago
Hey folks, I have encountered a problem which already was discussed in this forum before. However not realy explicitly about what is troubling me. I implimented FBOs on my laptop computer (ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M) and was quite happy that everything seemed to be workin just fine. Then I compiled a release version and ran it on my desktop computer (ATI RADEON X1600). And to my suprise it crashed right when I call the glFramebufferTexture2DEXT(...) function. I am using the GLEW extension libraries. I executed the glewinfo executable and everything about the FBOs passed, just like on my laptop. So I wonder, why is my program crashing? Do you guys have a hunch about it? I would appreciate every hint, link or comment very much!! Thx in advance! cherio Woltan
Advertisement
Do you have the latest drivers on your desktop pc? Because atis opengl drivers have been very buggy in the past, especally on fbos...
http://3d.benjamin-thaut.de
You've ran the release version on your laptop also right? Does it work? Is the OS the same? What's the message when it crashes?

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." --Benjamin Franklin

My guess is that you are adding a colour buffer AFTER you add a depth buffer?

For some reason, this used to work fine and then in a later version of the driver crashes things out.

Try moving the order around so that you attach the colour buffer first then attach the depth, i think this is what fixed it for me.
Heyas yall,
thank you for your help. I finally found some time to trouble shoot the problem, and as stupid as it sounds i didnt have the latest drivers installed. I didnt know that fbos were that new on the marked to not be supported in a one year old driver.
The strange thing is that the driver on my notebook is older than the one on my desktop was.
But now that it is workin i am happy :)
thanx for ya help!!
cherio Woltan

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement