The Unique Weapons Brainstorm for Action Games

Started by
34 comments, last by RivieraKid 16 years, 9 months ago
Me and my pals rather enjoyed Oddjob's hat in one of the James Bond games. If you chose Oddjob as a character, you could take off his hat and throw it at someone, causing instant decapitation. Pretty sweet.
Mike Popoloski | Journal | SlimDX
Advertisement
The Clapping Cripper - You attach this to your enemy and then clap 3 times. Your enemy falls to the ground saying, "I've fallen and I can't get up."

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

I've got to agree with ussnewjersey4 on Oddjob's hat. I mean, come on! What other top hat can slice off the head of a statue?!

I've got one similar to Telastyn's tripmines: Remember the Clockwork Kazooie eggs in Banjo-Tooie? I love sneaking up on people with those. Just guide that tiny little guy right underneath someone and BAM!!! No more bear...HEH HEH HEH!! Ok, that's enough.
Nick's Code Collection -- my coding / game dev blog!
Super brain powers are always high on my list, and outside-the-box uses for them. I loved setting crates on fire in Psi-Ops, then chucking them into groups of enemies with the power of my mind.

I also like the secondary fire of the sniper rifle in Cell Factor. It shoots a little dart ot the sticks to surfaces, and three seconds later makes a gravity well right there. You cn shoot it behing your enemy, and when it activates, the stack of barrels that he's using for cover crushes him to death as it topples toward the probe.

Melee weapons of opportunity. Nothing like chopping of a dude's arm in Rune, then beating him to death with it.
Quote:Original post by Iron Chef Carnage
Super brain powers are always high on my list, and outside-the-box uses for them. I loved setting crates on fire in Psi-Ops, then chucking them into groups of enemies with the power of my mind.

Psi-Ops, that's almost an entire genre onto itself - you almost never run out of new ways to get through an area in that game.

My favourite method of dispatching enemies was to use telekinesis to lift a guy up high and chuck 'em, quickly followed by Mind Control so you can watch him hit the ground from his perspective, accompanied by a long and stupid scream of course.
RC copter- A remote controlled helicopter with a camera and a gun built in. Acts kind of like a sniper rifle except the gun is short range so you have to get the copter in close. Could also work as a camera if people want to make a Machinima with the game.

Rolling grenades- heat sensitive grenades, once thrown they roll around on the ground until they get into close contact with a nearby person. May even follow the thrower if there are no nearby enemies.

Portable Hole- Toss a portable hole on the ground and whoever falls into it is randomly teleported to another part of the area... by falling through the ceiling or a particularly high part of the sky. Damage is primarily made through falling damage. Could be used as a trap to trap unwary persons or could be used as a means of escape.

Telekinetic Shove- A gun that fires a constant beam of force that pushes one enemy or object away. Can be used to throw enemies or objects into others for damage, pin an enemy to a wall to disable them, or use it to push someone off a cliff.
Quote:Original post by Randel
Telekinetic Shove- A gun that fires a constant beam of force that pushes one enemy or object away. Can be used to throw enemies or objects into others for damage, pin an enemy to a wall to disable them, or use it to push someone off a cliff.

Isn't that what a gravity gun is?

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
Quote:Original post by Randel

Isn't that what a gravity gun is?

Not sure, never played the game with the gravity gun. I'm thinking more of a force push effect... it doesn't make things levitate.
For the Force Push, check out Cell Factor. Apart from having abyssmal performance on my non-PhysX setup, it's a lot of fun, and has a neat non-uber application of superpowers. The standard "Black Ops" character has limited telekinesis, and one of his sweet abilities is to just hold out his hand and apply a force vector to anything within range. It can be used to cushion a fall, deflect a missile (kinda) or topple a stack of crates onto an enemy.
Flashbang -> Counter-Strike
BFG10K -> Quake III: Arena

And my own idea:
The Musician -> Every player on the map can't hear anything - weapons being shot, footseps, or anything - except a random music at a high volume, but not so high that it's annoying.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement