$1,000 Scion Competition

Started by
5 comments, last by Alpha_ProgDes 16 years, 10 months ago
Scion is hosting the Skin2Win competition to find who can create the coolest modifications and skins for the Scion TC and Scion XB. You can download the 3D models and paint, stylize, and even modify them; add your own spoilers, rims etc. There will be a $1,000 prize for the Overall Best Entry and gift certificates and games for runners-up in the following categories; user voted best entry, user voted runner up and for the best Scion tC entry and the best Scion xB entry. The deadline to send in submissions is July 31, 2007. You can download the assets for both the Scion tC and the Scion xB 3D and find out more information about the contest at http://scion.ampedmods.com. [Edited by - zingers on June 18, 2007 9:22:02 AM]
Advertisement
You do realize that is a game development forum. And 'Your Announcements' is to announce game-development news.

But winning games is barely making the requirement...

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
And 'Your Announcements' is to announce game-development news.

Says who?
Quote:Your Announcements
Make your web site or game project known to everyone. If you're going to spam our board, this is the place to do it!

It mentions web sites in general, not just game-related ones. It also explicitly allows spamming.

I agree with your sentiment but, sadly, it is not the case.
Firstly, I'd like to thank you for having the decency to post this announcement in the appropriate forum. Many people sharing information like this post it where it doesn't belong, creating community rancor.

I like the new xB. I think the shape has evolved nicely. The tC is obviously supposed to be the "sporty" model, but it's not as distinguishable, to me, in a field filled with entries like the Hyundai Tiburon and its ilk - its main advantage being price (stylistically, it is at once similar to and yet less remarkable than the Nissan Z, for example).

I heard something about this contest a while ago, and I think this is a good fit for the visual content creators in this community, so thanks for sharing.

Cheers!
Well consider me corrected.

Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes
You do realize that is a game development forum. And 'Your Announcements' is to announce game-development news.

Maybe you should leave the moderation to moderators?

There's a visual arts community here. There is also a (small) community of people interested in racing games, and a group of people who love cars (Promit and I talk about cars pretty much every day on IRC, for example). The overlap of those groups constitutes a perfect demographic for this contest. Further, the Your Announcement forums is not strictly games related, much as gamedev as a whole is not exclusively games related - people come here for math, physics, non-game-related graphics, general programming, visual arts... even hardware now.

As I noted in my reply above, zingers is one of the few people who actually used the appropriate forum for his announcement. He should be commended for such, not harassed.
I already caught myself, hence the post above yours, but thanks for the chastising [smile]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement