Vista

Started by
3 comments, last by Fimbulvetr 16 years, 10 months ago
Hey a question about vista and DX, my card(geforce 7300 go) does not support dx10 so i need to use dx9, now my question is: i have dx10 installed on my pc i presume, will i have any problems installing dx9 sdk and using it on my windows vista? Thanks.
Advertisement
You should just get the DX10 SDK and use that. You need to check for hardware support for DX9 features anyway, so you can just do the same for DX10. Plus it's easy enought to just not use the DX10 specific features.

-me
First, a point has to be made, Direct3D10 Will not work on your card.
The step that you can take on Vista is to use Direct3D9Ex which is basically DirectX9 for Vista.
The can get the latest DirectX SDK and start immediately.

I hope this helps.
DX9 and DX10 are all part of the same SDK download. You should be able to use the latest few SDKs just fine. You can also use D3D9Ex which adds some Vista specific things to DX9 (I have no idea what!)

You can't "just not use the DX10 specific features" of D3D10. D3D10 is all or nothing. Your card either supports D3D10 or it doesn't. You can't make a D3D10 device on a D3D9 card.

edit: Apparently I'm slow...
that what i ment my card does not support d3d10 so im downloading the june updates hope that will work... maximum there is always OGL :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement