• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
coba2

Create Application 3D

This topic is 4111 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hai.. I want to create an application to create 3D object. Can you give me some advise what the best inteface for my application?? Is using four windows like 3DsMax or only only one window?? Thanx before..

Advertisement
Having four viewpoints of the object is pretty much a must for any 3D modeling program.

You could either render to four different windows or controls, or use one window and split it into four viewports. Personally I'd choose the latter, as managing four rendering windows can be cumbersome, but try both and see which you like.

I don't want to start any arguments as to which is better, but I've learned to like Blender's way. You have the ability to go ahead and make your four viewports, but you can also use one big viewport and use hotkeys to quickly change which angle you're viewing from.

handle both if possible, each artist has his own preference.

But you did not gave much information on you project, if it's a modeler, I'd said too handle both, but if it's more like a map editor (for indoor) one window interface may not be really needed.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!