• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

d3d10 debugging

This topic is 3873 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

In the control panel, I don't see a DirectX option. So how do I enable the runtime debug mode? Also, is there an equivalent to DXTrace in d3d10? How should d3d10 applications be debugged?

Advertisement
Try looking at this website, specifically the information about the debug layer, this mentions how to add your own messages to the infoqueue:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb205069.aspx

The "control panel" app I believe is no longer in the control panel, but should be accessible from the start menu under utilities in the SDK folder.

I was looking at that ID3D10InfoQueue interface, but I think that is more than I need at this point. Right now, I just want Direct3D to output all the error messages in the Visual Studio output box, like Direct3D9 would do when you enabled direct3d debugging in the control panel.

Do I just need to create a debug device to do this?

Also, do any of the SDK samples use ID3D10InfoQueue?

Quote:
Original post by Quat
Do I just need to create a debug device to do this?
No. Start Menu -> SDK -> DirectX Utilities -> DirectX control Panel -> "Direct3D 10" tab -> "Force On" inside the "Debug Layer" tab. simple [grin]

Quote:
Original post by Quat
Also, do any of the SDK samples use ID3D10InfoQueue?
Not that I'm aware of, but it's pretty straight forward to use. Only down-side is it can be pretty slow if you use it heavily. My next '3D Pipes in D3D10' project makes use of it, but it's nowhere near worth looking at yet...

hth
Jack

Quote:

No. Start Menu -> SDK -> DirectX Utilities -> DirectX control Panel -> "Direct3D 10" tab -> "Force On" inside the "Debug Layer" tab. simple

The "Force On" button is disabled (grayed out) and it is left on "Application Controlled." Any idea why it is like this?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement