• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PorkBag

[web] setting up mySQL

This topic is 4047 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have mySQL and PHP installed on windows xp, but I can't connect and do anything with it. I figure my problem is that mysql_connect () requires a user name and I have no idea what that would be, I never set up a user name when I installed mysql, only a password. So how do I find out what my user name is supposed to be? thanks

Advertisement
I think when you enter that password in setup, it's for the root user. When doing your connection, try using 'root' for the user, and the password that you specified during setup.

root is an all-powerful user though, so you should set up a regular user to use a particular database.

Depending on how you set it up, the main account is "root", with no password <- HOWEVER, thats only if php says access denied, if it cant link to mysql, it should be flushed via cmd line.

You should take a look at the XAMPP package, pre-configured server.

[Edited by - AaronA on June 24, 2007 6:38:37 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!