• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mmoWoWmkr

Need help with .TOC files....easy question

This topic is 4024 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

OK,i downloaded ACE 2, which is a AddOn developing kit (mostly mad for making WoW Addons)I went on their site and found a good tutorial, but my life so far has just been script and compilers. Now its telling me to make .TOC files and .LUA texts and im just confused. How do i make a file first of all? It says, make a folder under addons called 'WelcomeHome' (got that) then it says, in folder make a "file" called "WelcomeHome.toc (Confused) and then it says, make a core.lua blank text (Do i just make a new text pad with a name and core.lua)?? Please respond ASAP, i need to know today...ive been trying to google it for 2 days.

Advertisement
Quote:
Please respond ASAP, i need to know today...ive been trying to google it for 2 days.

Ok, putting "wow toc addon" into google returns this as first or second link - the link is on top of any search containing toc, wow, addon and other related terms:

http://www.wowwiki.com/The_TOC_Format

There you have the complete specification on what goes into Toc file. There also apears to be a wealth of information about modding in general.

The way I see it, to make addon GameDevAddon:

- Create the addon directory "GameDevAddon"
- put "GameDevAddon.toc" into that directory - make a blank file
- put "core.lua" into that directory - make another blank file

Then go on with whatever the guide tells you.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!