OpenAL help

Started by
5 comments, last by erissian 16 years, 10 months ago
Hi everyone, I just buy a book on OpenGl and games. I try to compile and execute some code but it don't work. I get this error. 1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: impossible d'ouvrir le fichier 'ALut.lib' I installend OpenGL, GLUT, OpenAL following multiple tutorial on the web and all I did seems ok... The thing that is weird is that OpenAl do not contain anything called Alut.lib... I check on all my harddrive and there is nothing call like that. It's the SDK version 1.1 Can somebody help me on this.. I juste want to compile and play around with the code! Thanks! :) J-F
Advertisement
As far as I know, the new implementation of alut.lib is not included in the OpenAL SDK, but rather in freealut.
I seem to remember that like OpenGL, the utility toolkit is a separate package. It's been a while since I installed (or updated for that matter) though.
We''re sorry, but you don''t have the clearance to read this post. Please exit your browser at this time. (Code 23)
Ok thanks guys!

I installed it correctly and it work... But I have another problem. To make it work, I must put in comments these lines:

#include "max.h"
#include <al/al.h>
//#include <al/alc.h>
//#include <al/alu.h>
//#include <al/alut.h>

When I uncomment alut.h, I got this error:

fatal error C1083: Impossible d'ouvrir le fichier include : 'alc.h' : No such file or directory

THERE IS an alc.h... Situated at the right place.

I checked into my files and the only file that is missing is <al/alu.h>. There rest is all there and they seems to be in the right place. alu.h is not in the openAL package and not in the freealut package... So where can I find it?

Please help me... !!!

J-F
ALU was absorbed into the main API, and the extension relevant stuff was moved to alext.h.
We''re sorry, but you don''t have the clearance to read this post. Please exit your browser at this time. (Code 23)
Ok so if I understand well, I don't need alu.h anymore? Everything is in alext.h? :)

Thanks for the help^!

J-F
Well, everything is in al.h now, unless you're using the extensions. Most of the alu* functions have been redone as al* functions, although I can't say if aluFooFunction has been directly mapped to alFooFunction or not.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement