• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
paulecoyote

XBox Live Prepaid Cards don't work internationally

This topic is 4137 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Cos xbox live cards only work for the region in which they were purchased, it makes the card useless outside the uk. I have a 12 month Xbox Live account that has to be used up by the 30th of June I was thinking of donating to a competition - but realised too late to donate it to Trapper Zoids excellent competition. I guess I could just email the winner the codes from the card at the end of the competition and they could use it like that. I was thinking of running a quick XNA competition just in a forum thread like Captn Midnight's and Trapper Zoids competitions. But I wonder if a 12 month live subscription would be enough motivation? Cheers, Paul [Edited by - paulecoyote on June 19, 2007 7:18:06 AM]

Advertisement
Will that work for the 360?? I think that sounds like a great prize, and another competition would be awesome!

Yep, it's just an Xbox Live Gold subscription for the 360. You could add it to your current account and boost it by another 12 months, or start yourself up a new XBox Live Gold account.

If people think that's enough of a carrot to get people programming a little game in that period of time, that would be cool.

The prepaid card came with my UK Premium Xbox and I personally don't need to use it. I don't see why the codes on it wouldn't be valid elsewhere though, and why I couldn't just email the codes rather then send the physical card

I was thinking the theme would be broad-appeal gaming - aka stuff a non-gamer would play. And in XNA, programmed with controller / keyboard in mind (no mouse). That way the code is most likely able to be used directly on an XBox [smile]

Time scale approximately a week, with a quick turn around on judging because the prize needs to be claimed very soon.

It sounds like a fun idea to me; pity I'm not an XNA developer (and I don't own an X-box, nor have the ability to conntect one to the internet even if I did!).

Is the subscription valid world-wide, or just for the U.K.?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!