• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

[.net] Implement the transparency of a Mesh object

This topic is 3962 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I want to implement the transparency of a Mesh, but i don't how to choose the method . I have create a Mesh object: cuboidMesh = Mesh.Box(d3d.Dx, width,height,depth); When I draw this mesh , I use: dx.Material = GraphicsUtility.InitMaterial(new Color(255,255,0)); cuboidMesh.DrawSubset(0); The ManagedDirectX SDK said that I can use the Material Alpha to get the transparency I use the code which the sdk offered: device.RenderState.DiffuseMaterialSource = ColorSource.Material; Material mtrl = new Material(); Color c = Color.FromArgb(127, 255, 0, 0); mtrl.Diffuse = c; mtrl.Ambient = c; mtrl.Specular = c; mtrl.Emissive = c; device.Material = mtrl; But the result doesn't make sense, I cannot see the object behind this box. Please tell me which wrong I have made, or there's more better methods. I appreciate if you can give some example code. Thank you very much!

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by Black Knight
In which order do you draw the objects?
You should draw the opaque objects first and then the transparent objects for transparency to work.

Yes , I do exactly.

But is it important of sequence? If I have many objects, some are transparent, should i draw them after another opaque objects?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement