openVG, anyone ...

Started by
2 comments, last by Krohm 16 years, 10 months ago
anyone been messing with openVG (which works with openGL rasterizing vector graphics)? i would consider myself a decent vector artist and i'm looking to see if anyone wants to make a vector based rpg ... or any other kind of game.
Advertisement
As far as I know, there's no free implimentation of OpenVG on Desktop PCs. AmanithVG looks impressive, seems fast, but its a commercial product and requires SM 2.0 I believe.

I think it would be awsome, but you'd have to liscense or build your own technology to pull it off. I'm not sure what AmanithVG is charging, but creating something similar is non-trivial.

Good luch thogh.

throw table_exception("(? ???)? ? ???");

i guess i never saw that there was a price on the technology ... i assumed since its by the same guys as opengl it would be free
Quote:Original post by b2therizzo
anyone been messing with openVG (which works with openGL rasterizing vector graphics)?
I considered it many times but still have to invest effort on it.
Quote:Original post by ravyne2001
and requires SM 2.0 I believe.
I'm not sure for the specific product but in general, this is a requirement of curve rendering (search for "blinn hoppe curve rendering") - a good approximation however could be produced with no shaders at all.

I confirm AmanithVG is a product made for $$$. OpenVG by itself may be free (the reference implementation is) but the performance sucks compared to HW accelerated rendering!

Previously "Krohm"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement